How to prepare your home for treatment with Aprehend®
For best results, follow the preparation instructions below, more time spent on proper preparation will be rewarded with faster results.
• Pick up clothes on floors and hanging over chairs and wash in the hottest water possible and then run through a hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 40 minutes. Place, these clean dry clothes in a large garbage bag sealed at the top until the treatment has been completed.
• Cabin beds/beds with built-in storage. Remove all clothing items from these storage areas and launder and dry at high heat. Place these clean dry clothes in a large garbage bag sealed at the top until the treatment has been completed.
• De-clutter, this will assist in removing potential bed bug harborages. Check items for signs of infestation.
• Move all furniture items away from the walls to allow access to the baseboards around the entire room.
• It is not necessary to remove clean clothing or other items from draws or cupboards unless these items are clearly heavily infested (visible bed bugs). Ornaments and other items can be left in place.
• Vacuum baseboards to remove dust build-up from these areas. Remove the vacuum cleaner bag or contents of the canister, place in a plastic bag, and dispose of in the trash can outside your apartment/home.
• Cover fish tanks, terrariums, and small animal cages with a clean towel or sheet.
• Finally, remove all sheets, covers, dust ruffles, comforters, pillows, and any other bedding covers from your mattress and box spring in all bedrooms. Wash all bed linens in the hottest water possible and then run through a hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 40 minutes. Replacing the original bedding without treatment at high heat is likely to reintroduce bed bugs to the treated room, which could result in control failure.
• DO NOT RE-ENTER TREATED AREAS FOR 4 HOURS AFTER SERVICE.
• DO NOT SPRAY ANY PESTICIDES OR CLEANING PRODUCTS IN TREATED AREAS AFTER THE APREHEND® TREATMENT. THIS WILL KILL THE APREHEND® AND RESULT IN CONTROL FAILURE.
• Allow the treatment time to work, do not clean or remove the spray barriers. In most cases, barriers will have been applied in inconspicuous areas, but if the infestation was suspected behind baseboards or electrical outlets, a 2” spray barrier may have been applied on the wall above or around these installations. Under certain lighting conditions, these barriers may be visible. Leave these in place until you are certain that the infestation has been eradicated. The barrier will remain active for up to 3 months if left undisturbed but is easily removed with kitchen or bathroom cleaner when required.
• Live bed bugs may be visible for 2-3 weeks after the treatment. Affected bugs may be seen wandering in unusual places, this is a sign that the treatment is working. Remember that bed bugs may not leave their harborages for a number of days after treatment, and nymphs hatching from eggs will not be affected until they cross a spray barrier. However, all bed bugs will die within 3-7 days after coming into contact with Aprehend®. Contact me if you still see live bed bugs 30 days after treatment.